Thanks to support from the Federal Government, the Somali Canadian Society of Calgary is hiring qualified secondary and post-secondary students (ages 15-30) for the following positions. Start dates vary. Although previous experience is not required for these positions, preference will be given to those with previous experience in the non-profit/community support sectors. Preference will also be given to applicants from racialized minorities. SCSC believes that hiring qualified individuals to fill positions contributes to the overall success of the organization. Each employee is hired to make significant contributions to the Somali Canadian Society of Calgary.
Highlighted texts provide official job descriptions with term and wage.
- Schedule regular meetings and record decisions (e.g. assigned tasks and next steps)
- Break projects into doable tasks and set time frames and goals.
- Create and update workflows
- Conduct risk analyses
- Prepare and provide documentation to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Order resources, like equipment and software
- Retrieve necessary information (e.g. user/client requirements and relevant case studies)
- Track expenses and predict future costs
- Monitor project progress and address potential issues
- Coordinate quality controls to ensure deliverables meet requirements
- Measure and report on project performance
- Act as the point of contact for all project participants
- Greet and assist visitors
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Assist in the training of new staff
- Lead and modify program lessons and activities for children and youth
- Make accommodations for students with varying learning needs
- Gather and integrate feedback from students into your leadership/teaching practices
- Ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of participants
- Display a strong ability to manage stressful situations calmly and effectively
Fill out the following form for more information and for an interview.
Please only fill out this form if you are qualified for any of the aforementioned positions.